Convert your existing alarm to be mute for a period of time.
Existing alarm wiring connection
Adding on PIC-124 Alarm Mute Switch to your existing alarm setup
*** Please note that the input port can only accept dry contact input. (eg. a passive switch or passive output of a relay).
The output port is only a simple relay output. Please check if the rating is suitable for your use.
- USB – Power supply input for the device through a USB mini-B cable. (5V 0.5A)
- Alarm Input – Notification from external alarm system.
- Mute Switch – Switch input for muting the alarm.
- Output Light – Alarm status output. (Output follows Alarm Input)
- Output Alarm – Alarm output which can be mute by the mute switch.
Note: There is an internal buzzer build in the device PIC-124. The buzzer can be disabled by pulling out the jumper on the circuit board inside the enclosure.
Simple step-by-step operation guide
- Connect up the PIC-124 Alarm Mute Switch wiring connection.
- Alarm Input activated.
- Both Output Light & Output Alarm will be activated.
- Pressing on the Mute Switch will deactivate the Output Alarm for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, Output Alarm will be activated again.
When Alarm Input is not active, both Output Light & Output Alarm will also get deactivated.
- Power up from 5V USB power supply.
- Output relay contact rating is 24Vdc 2A, 230Vac 0.5A
- Build in buzzer (can be enable or disable)
- A panel mount switch can be solder and install on the casing if preferred.
- Alarm Input can trigger back the alarm even when muting is in operation.
- Customised Mute Timing.
- Customised Edge Trigger or Level Triggered mute switch.
- Customised Retriggering of mute time period.
More Alarm Mute Products