Reflow Tray for IC Chip Testing
Reflow tray for testing of IC chip through a PCB board reflow soldering machine. Test jig holding tray for IC chip testing.
Available reflow tray design
- RT-000 (base plate to protect the bottom of the board)
- RT-001 (middle plate to support the IC chip)
- RT-002 (top plate to hold the chip in position)
PCB board milling for different layers creating a 3D test tray for holding IC chip in position.
- Board thickness 3.2mm.
- Green soldering mask on PCB board. (also available in Black color mask)
- Text printing using white silk screen.
- Designed to hold 20pcs of BGA IC chips.
- IC chip holder space tolerence ±0.2mm
- Reflow tray size (100 x 100mm)
- 12x alignment holes (⌀3mm)
- Secure by 4x Button cap screw M3x6, a spring washer and a nut
- Place the IC Chips (test subject) on the reflow tray.
- Position the tray with the IC chips on a reflow soldering oven or the reflow soldering conveyor belt.
- Reflow soldering takes about 5mins, with a temperature reaching a peak of about 250°C.
- Allows the tray to be cool, and pick up from the reflow machinery.
- Allow the tray to cool down before using it for the next round of reflow testing.
The PCB will turn dark green under normal usage after using it for a number of times.
Warning: If the tray is being over heated, the green mask can start to be decolourised. Burned mark with brown black color can be observed.
Typical Reflow Soldering Profile
- Preheat (to 150°C in 60 sec)
- Soak (from 150°C to 165°C in 120 sec)
- Reflow (reaching peak temperature of 225°C to 235°C, holding it for about 20 sec)
- Cooling (-4°C/s or free-air cooling)