The electronic product contains toxic which pollute our environment and can cause a health issue. It is important to dispose of the electronic waste properly to protect our environment in Singapore. Battery especially, contain leads content.
Unwanted electronic waste example,
- Batteries (lead acid battery, SLA battery, alkaline battery, lithium battery)
- mobile phone, tablet
- computer, laptop, hard disk, keyboard, mouse
- entertainment system, earphone
Places in Singapore which you can dispose of your electronic waste.
There are an approximate of 166 recycle bins scatter all across the island of Singapore.
Typical places where you may find the bins,
- In most Schools, Polytechnic, University in Singapore.
- Certain outlets at Singapore Post Office, SingTel, Starhub.
- Certain shopping malls.
- DHL centres
- much more…
Free Mailing of your Electronic Waste
You can also collect free envelopes from SingPost and Singtel to mail your electronic waste for free. Everyone doing their part to protect our environment.
Professional Service for Toxic Waste Disposal
For bulk disposal of toxic waste, you can engage local professional companies to help you with the disposal.
Check out this list of authorised industrial toxic waste collectors in Singapore (This list is provided by NEA).
Example of Toxic Waste Items
- SLA Batteries (Sealed Lead Acid Batteries)
- Chemical Waste (Solvent)
- PVC materials
Be sure to dispose of the toxic waste with care. Protect our environment, protect our home.