Electronic Crash Course (Singapore)
This is a crash course which provides students who have the interest in building electronics projects but do not have any formal education in electronic engineering, to have the fundamentals which empower them with the confidence to hands-on electronic in a systematic and practical manner.
- Basic practical electronic.
- Teaching step by step how to diagnose and troubleshoot the circuit.
- Consultant and technical support offline.
- Course material will be made available online.
Lesson 1: Soldering and Simple Electronic (2 to 4 Hours)
Learn basic electronic theory. Learn good soldering practice and manually fabricate a board with switch and LED.
- Identify components and symbols (resistor, LED)
- Simple Ohms Law Theory (Voltage, Ohm, Current, Wattage), -> V/ohm = A
- Learn how to use a power supply and digital multimeter
- Soldering Theory
- LED Circuit
- Solder LED circuit.
- Switch Circuit
- Solder Switch circuit.
- Bench power supply
- Soldering iron
- Solder (0.6mm, 0.8mm)
- Solder Paste
- Crocodile clip wire
- Wire stripper, cutter, plier
- Crimping tool
- Hand Drill (1mm, 3.2mm drill bit)
- Prototype board (doughnut pad, single side)
- Wire wrapping wire
- Resistor LED, through hole / SMD components (small/big, fresh/oxidise)
- Turn pins socket (through-hole resistor for LED)
- Screw Terminal (2pin, 5.08mm)
- Header pin (test pin)
- Crimping pins, Housing
- Wire (7/0.2mm, Black, Red)
- Wire heat sleeve
- Toggle Switch
- Push button (PCB mount)
- 5V, 3V3 power supply
Lesson 2: Soldering and Simple Electronic (2 to 4 Hours)
Learn component selection and power distribution.
Using transistor and relay as a switch.
Design (schematic drafting) and manual fabricate a test board.
- Identify components and symbols (capacitor, inductor, diode, transistor, IC chip)
- Identify component package (SMD 1206 0805)
- Learning how to use transistor and relay. Using the transistor as a switch.
- Learning to read transistor datasheet. How to look for a transistor for your project.
- Learn to dig for resource and learn electronic parameters from Element14
- Industry standard size, standard rating (LED 20mA, resistor 1/8W, 1/4W)
- Current distribution computation to the circuit module. (Power design and distribution) How to buy a power supply?
Typical things that you may look out for in a datasheet.
- Absolute Maximum
- Operating Voltage
- Current Consumption
Learn by copying and replicating electronic circuit.
- Memorising Switch/LED circuit
- Recognising standard circuit.
- Learn to read a schematic
- check power voltage
- check all expected component voltage on a schematic.
- isolated problem
- test component.
Lesson 3: Arduino I/O Interface (2 to 4 Hours)
Introduction to microcontroller datasheet in an Arduino, pin mapping and I/O. Design schematic from student’s project requirement, step by step. Sensor NPN/logic interface, Output relay/transistor control, ADC, solenoid
- Concept of looping
- Hello world blinking LED (LED PWM)
- Switch programming (switch glitches)
- Motor control, speed control.
- Using I/O LED indicator for debugging purpose.
- Selecting transistor to run LED, Motor, Relay
Lesson 4: Arduino UART (Communication with a computer)
Learn digital numbering system, Hexidecimal. AND, OR, NOT, XOR UART theory.
- build a UART interface to observe data transmission
- learn oscilloscope
- push switch glitches
- writing delay()
- Bluetooth, Ethernet, WiFi
- USB to UART
- Oscilloscope (visual aid)
Lesson 5,6,7: Mini project that uses I2C, SPI Sensor
- Dynamic teaching.
- Evaluating the student knowledge and teaches them as they do their project.
- DC motor control
- PWM, lighting brightness control
- I2C related sensor
- SPI related sensor
- Arduino Interrupt
Spending time troubleshooting with the students.
Electronic Crash Course in 24 Hours
Private Training Cost Fee at $3500 + GST
Contact PIC-CONTROL to personalised your electronic crash course.
Click here to access a collection of self-learning electronic resources.