PIC-350 Cable Harness Connectivity Tester
Improve your efficiency and quality of your cable harness assembly production using this cable harness tester. Fast checking to ensure that your harness wiring is done correctly by your operators.
- Testing of cable harness connectivity for your production line.
- A portable tester for onsite cable checking.
- Using it as an electrical wire tester to check for electrical connection.
- Automated connection checking on PCB board.
- Multiple wire cable tester.
This cable tester is also designed for interfacing to your existing equipment machinery and computer to allow for a fully automated testing system.
- Reduce production time.
- Reduce labour cost.
- Improve quality with reduced defects.
- Suitable for small to large scale cable production
Simple To Use
This cable harness tester is designed to be simple to you. You can train the tester with your working set of cable harness. The tester will base on this master cable harness to test if the subsequent cables.
To make your testing production process easier, you can connect the mating connector for your cable harness to the tester first. This allows you to connect your cable harness faster to the tester. You can connect the wire to any terminal. There is no specific port to connect because this tester can self-learn your cable connection. Simply ensure that all your wires are connected to one of the screw terminals. The tester can learn and memories the connection of your good working master cable harness connection.
Once the tester has learned the wiring connection from your cable harness, you can start to test your production cables using the same connection. A green light flash indicating “Passed“ means that the cable matches the master cable connectivity. A red light flashing indicates a “Failed” test. There will also be a beep sound option to allow the operator to know the test status without them having to pay attention to the light indicator.
This cable harness tester provides the basic testing of your harness wiring connection to your connectors. Ensure your production quality by checking all the connection on your cable harness.
- Low-cost cable connection tester kit.
- Checking the open/close connection between all the wire terminals on your cable.
- Small size, light weight (easy portable).
- Power using USB from wall plug or via portable power bank.
- Beep sound alert (enable or disable).
- Auto-start testing when the cable is connected or manual press button to start.
- Screw terminal to allow you to easily setup with your own connector for your cable harness test.
- Master connection learned will still be retained after power-off.
The test method implemented in this cable tester uses pulse signal through each and every pin to detect if a particular connection is open or close. The continuity result will be checked with the learned master connection to determine if the connection is correct.
General purpose cable connection checking. The screw terminals provide you with the flexibility to use this tester for any of your cable harness connectors. If you prefer to have a specific connector tailor-made for your cable harness assembly, you can contact us for your customisation.
- View details test report using a computer or laptop via the USB connection.
- Allows interface to an external switch or light indicators.
- Allows cascade of more testers to test for more wiring connection.
This cable tester can operate with only a power supply. When connected to a computer/laptop the tester can display a detailed connectivity report of the assembled cable harness. You can use this report to find out how this cable harness is assembled, how each individual pins is connected to each other. A handy instrument tool for reverse engineering of any unknown cables.
You can use the following software to view the cable tester connectivity report.
- Download -> Cable tester terminal software.
Custom cable tester design service
We can custom made to have your connectors on board so that it is neat (without connecting wires) and cater specially for your particular cable harness.
The tester can also be designed with a PCB board adaptor. This allows you to swap the connector type to match the connector of your cable harness assembly. It can also be custom made to fit your test jig fixture or machines, to allow for a fully automated production system.
For a customised wire connection testing for your unique cable’s connector, please contact us with your design requirements.
Click here for more other cable harness tester products.